Stone Plastic Composite (SPC)
Definition of Stone Plastic Composite
Stone Plastic Composite (SPC) flooring is a premium LVT flooring material that’s multi-layered and 100% waterproof.
It has more layers than regular vinyl flooring, which significantly contributes to its resistance. These layers include:
- UV layer: Prevents fading when floor is exposed to UV rays while ensuring stain and water resistance
- Wear layer: Embossed to enhance floor color and patterns while protecting the floor from abrasion, wear, and tear
- Decorative layer: Available in a variety of patterns
- SPC core: Rigid core layer that helps the material retain its strength and form
- Bottom layer: Backing material made from cork or foam to provide cushioning
SPC flooring is durable and doesn’t expand or contact with changing temperatures or humidity.
Example of Stone Plastic Composite in a Sentence
“SPC flooring is installed using a click style system that doesn’t require gluing or nailing down.”