Hardwood Flooring Near Me in Vancouver, WA
- Andrew Uhacz
Hardwood is one of the most popular flooring options today, and has been so for centuries.
The flooring’s unmatched durability, versatility, and natural charm gives every installation a unique style and personality.
If you’re in the market for quality, stylish, and elegant hardwood floors that will stand the test of time, Floor City has something for you.
We offer only the highest quality hardwood flooring from reputable brands such as Mohawk and Shaw Floors at unbeatable prices.
And to help in your selection, we’ve created a simple guide that discusses your hardwood flooring options in detail, including collections and unique features.
Today, you’ll learn:
- Floor City’s wide range of hardwood flooring
- Key features, benefits, and advantages of hardwood flooring
- Three of the best hardwood flooring brands
- What makes Floor City the best store for hardwood flooring in Vancouver, WA
Floor City offers solid hardwood, engineered hardwood flooring, and wood substitutes such as laminate flooring that gives you the look and feel of real hardwood at a lower price.
|Solid Hardwood||Real wood that’s durable and perfect for high traffic areas and rooms less prone to moisture|
|Engineered Hardwood||Partly real wood. Comes in a wide variety of colors and styles to fit every decor|
|Click-Lock/ Floating Flooring||Hardwood with edges matched to create an interlocking joint that you click together in place|
|Glue Down||Flooring is glued down directly to the subfloor, providing a more permanent installation solution|
|Laminate Flooring||Made from wood fibers, with the design layer printed with a wood image then protected by a clear hard wear layer|
- Solid Hardwood: It’s made from single pieces of real wood that are normally 18–20 mm thick, and then fitted through a tongue-and-groove system that interlocks to hold the boards together. Since it’s natural wood, it can be sanded or refinished multiple times.
- Engineered Hardwood: An alternative to solid hardwood. It’s composed of veneer wood at the bottom and top layers but plywood in the middle. Unlike solid hardwood, it offers a wide range of installation options. Some can be installed as floating floors, while others can be nailed down.
What Is Hardwood Flooring?
Hardwood flooring is any kind of permanent flooring with the appearance of wood made of real or synthetic lumber.
Typical wood selections for hardwood floors include walnut, cherry, oak, maple, pine, and bamboo. The wood is cut into tiles or planks, then laid in geometrical patterns.
There are two major types of hardwood flooring: solid and engineered.
Solid hardwood is made from real wood throughout its thickness, while engineered hardwood is made from a thin layer of hardwood bonded over high-quality plywood.
Advantages and Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Durable and Long-Lasting
Hardwood floors can withstand wear and tear from high foot traffic and even accommodate playful pets, making them a lasting flooring solution for busy homes and commercial spaces.
With proper care and maintenance, they’ll last you decades, some even up to 100 years.
Easy to Clean
Finished hardwood requires minimal cleaning that’s fast and easy to do on your own.
All you need to do is sweep or vacuum the floor to remove dust. Ensure you use a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching the surface.
If there are stains, use a gentle floor cleaner and a damp cloth to mop the floor, then polish or buff it with a soft cloth to restore its original sheen.
Expert Tip: Never wet-mop your hardwood floor as the water may settle and warp the floor, eventually damaging it. Likewise, wipe any spills from the floor as fast as possible to prevent water damage.
Common Features of Hardwood Flooring
1 - Wide Variety
Hardwood floors will leave you spoilt for choice. There are multiple options to choose from, from the tree species to the cut pattern, even how it stains and finishes.
You’re sure to find the perfect shade and grain for your space needs, whether residential or commercial.
2 - Unique Appearance
No two pieces of wood are identical, so every time you choose hardwood, you’re guaranteed a one-of-a-kind floor.
In addition to their authenticity, hardwood floors' aesthetic appeal is unrivaled! They have a beautiful, natural texture that makes them attractive, unique, and elegant.
Now, let's go through a few of the best hardwood flooring brands and their features in more detail…
1 - Mannington Mills
Mannington Mills is a New Jersey-based brand that’s been manufacturing high-quality products for over 100 years.
The company prides itself on creating durable, eco-friendly, and sustainable hardwood flooring that meets every buyer’s needs.
Important Features of Mannington Hardwood Flooring
- Wide variety: There’s a wide variety of designs and species with different widths, colors, thicknesses, and styles
- Scratch-resistant: Has a ScratchResist feature in the wear layer that resists scratches that would prematurely age the floor
- Different installation methods: All floors can be nailed, floated, glued, or stapled
How Mannington Compares With Other Hardwood Flooring Brands
- Environmentally friendly: Each Mannington hardwood floor meets the strict air quality standards and uses low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in water-based stains and coating.
- Special construction: Mannington uses a multiple-layered engineered construction that significantly lowers the chances of spaces between the wood boards. This enables the floors to be installed on all levels within the house.
2 - Mohawk
As one of the world’s most recognizable brand names in the flooring industry, Mohawk has built a strong reputation for hardwood flooring.
Their innovative solid and engineered hardwood floors combine superior woods such as oak and hickory with exceptional craftsmanship, durable finishes, and popular design options, making them a top choice for homeowners.
Important Features of Mohawk Hardwood Flooring
- Easy to maintain: Only requires occasional cleaning with a mop or a wood-friendly vacuum to keep away dirt and stains
- Maximum durability: Features an ArmorMax finish technology that makes the floors up to five times more resistant to wear than regular finishes
- Easy to install: Premiers a uniclic tongue-and-groove locking system that eliminates the need for adhesives and allows for faster installation
How Mohawk Compares With Other Hardwood Flooring Brands
- Cleaning products: Most brands only sell flooring and accessories, but Mohawk manufactures and sells their own line of cleaning products—Mohawk’s FloorCare Essentials—to ensure all their floors remain in perfect condition.
- FSC Certification: All Mohawk hardwood floors are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), meaning that the company sources their hardwood in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
3 - Shaw Floors
Shaw Floors is undoubtedly one of the largest, most diverse, and innovative flooring companies.
They manufacture both solid and engineered hardwood floors, all with an elegant finish and sturdy construction for optimum performance and lasting durability.
|Timeless Oak 5||
|Mineral King 5||
Important Features of Shaw Hardwood Flooring
- Easy to install: Features a tongue-and-groove construction that makes installation quick and easy
- Durable: Has a strong, impact-resistant wear layer that can handle almost anything that comes its way
- Wide variety: Offered in a wide range of finishes, from rustic to traditional, distressed to smooth and hand-scraped
How Shaw Compares With Other Hardwood Flooring Brands
- Waterproof: Shaw makes waterproof hardwood floors, which is rare with hardwood flooring. They achieve this by adhering its hardwood floor layer to a mineral core that’s completely waterproof, then coating the floor’s wear layer with a strong sealant. This results in an impenetrable bond for any liquid.
- FloorScore certified: Every Shaw hardwood floor is FloorScore-certified, meaning it releases safe levels of VOC. Its emissions cannot affect your interior’s air quality.
Floor City is a locally-owned and operated flooring store that sells quality flooring at affordable prices.
Since 1992, we’ve been supplying the best flooring options and accessories from reputable brands to homeowners, property managers, and businesses.
We’re proud to be a top seller for hardwood flooring in Vancouver, WA, and the surrounding cities.
If you live in Vancouver, WA, or its surrounding cities such as Portland and Aloha, visit our showroom located at 5909 NE 109th Ave, Vancouver, Washington 98662.
Our professional staff will attend to all your hardwood flooring needs, from sampling to material selection and free cost estimates.
What Others Said About Us
You can never go wrong with Floor City, and we’ve got tons of positive reviews from our verified clients to back that up.
From exceptional customer service and user experience that’s made us America's choice to buy flooring online to the endless flooring options in our showroom, we’ve steadily risen to become the best flooring store in Vancouver, WA, and around.
Customers love that we offer:
- Efficient and timely deliveries
- A high level of professionalism
- Effective communication from the service team
- Affordable pricing than most flooring stores
- High-quality, easy-to-install products
"Aggressive pricing, good communication and responsiveness from Matt and follow up assistance when delivery problems arose. Thank you!"
"Everything was perfect… Product arrived in perfect condition and we installed it with no problems whatsoever."
- Brian M
"The rep is knowledgeable of the product that I was seeking. He was able to help me expeditiously. Great customer service and product availability."
- Rigo C
"Our order came quickly. Was about half the price of other vendors…"
What Are the Major Differences Between Solid and Engineered Hardwood Floors?
The table below compares solid and engineered hardwood floors to help you make a more informed purchasing decision.
|Comparison Factor||Solid Hardwood||Engineered Hardwood|
|Lifespan||Up to 100 years or more||Up to 30 years|
|Materials||100% hardwood||Plywood core bonded to a hardwood layer|
|Moisture||Water-resistant (some fully waterproof)||More water-resistant than solid, but not waterproof|
|Cleaning||Avoid wet-mopping (unless fully waterproof)||Can withstand slight wet-mopping|
How Many Years Do Hardwood Floors Last?
With proper care and maintenance, a solid hardwood floor may last 100 years or more since it can be regularly refinished or sanded.
Engineered hardwood floors, however, cannot be refinished as much as solid hardwood, but they’ll still last up to 30 years if cared for properly.
Where Do You Install Hardwood Floors?
You can install hardwood flooring just about anywhere except in areas prone to standing water or high humidity, unless it’s fully waterproof.
Visit Floor City to Purchase Quality Hardwood Flooring in Vancouver, WA
Whether you’re laying a new floor in your new house or replacing a damaged one, hardwood flooring is your go-to option for durability, elegance, and longevity.
Floor City offers the best hardwood flooring in or near Vancouver, WA, from the world’s best flooring brands at unbeatable prices.
Visit our showroom in Vancouver, WA, or one of our warehouses to make a purchase. There’s an option for you, whatever your interior needs.
For more information about us or our products, give us a toll-free call at (888) 868-5002 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Share on Pinterest: