6 Easy Steps to Clean Your Laminate Flooring
- Andrew Uhacz
Cleaning laminate flooring is relatively simple and can be done using the following steps:
1. Dust or sweep the floor to remove any loose dirt or debris.
2. Make a cleaning solution by mixing a small amount of mild dish soap or laminate floor cleaner with warm water in a bucket. Avoid using too much soap, as this can leave a film on the floor.
3. Dip a mop or sponge into the cleaning solution and wring out excess liquid.
4. Wipe the floor with the mop or sponge, starting at the farthest corner of the room and working your way towards the door. 5. Rinse the mop or sponge frequently in a separate bucket of clean water to avoid spreading dirt or soap residue.
6. Dry the floor with a clean, dry towel or mop to prevent streaks.
It's important to avoid using excessive amounts of water when cleaning laminate flooring, as the material is not waterproof and can be damaged by standing water. It's also a good idea to avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as these can scratch or damage the surface of the laminate.