5 Easy DIY Flooring Options for Your Home or Business
- Andrew Uhacz
- Flooring Ideas
Looking for DIY flooring solutions? When it is time to update your personal or professional spaces, few decisions are as important as choosing the proper flooring. You can paint, redecorate, and even change the layout of furniture but if your flooring is worn, dated, or unfashionable, the results will be disappointing. As you begin the process of renovating your home or office, start by considering all of the new, durable, and easy to install flooring options that are available to DIY decorators. Here are five exemplary examples of stunning and affordable flooring solutions that will stand up to the test of time.
- Laminate Flooring - Wood laminate has come a long way since the introduction of the now defunct Pergo in the 1980s. New wood laminate flooring is easy to install, comes in hundreds of wood tones and texture options for flooring your home, and is more durable than real hardwood. New laminate wood flooring resists scratching, is easy to clean, and costs a fraction of the price of traditional wood. Check out our commercial grade wood laminate flooring options at Floor City.
- Floating Hardwood Floors - Engineered floating hardwood is one of the easiest home flooring options to install yourself. Most of these products merely lock into place and create a moisture barrier which makes them impervious to warping or splitting even with extreme changes in temperature and humidity. Armstrong makes a number of quality engineered hardwoods that can be floated over a variety of substrates. Shop for Armstrong engineered hardwood today at Floor City.
- Peel and Stick Vinyl Tiles - Popular option for flooring an office, basement, kitchen, or bathroom because it's both easy and quick. Peel and stick floor tile can be laid in less than a day and will last many years with minor maintenance. DIY bathroom flooring options offer new designs and colors which means that do it yourselfer's are no longer restricted to black and white floors when choosing vinyl tile for their space. Discover the elegant clay style 12 inch tile by Armstrong will make any space look clean, modern, and fashionable.
- Glueless Carpet Tiles - Office flooring options like Carpet tiles are the best when choosing to cover a floor with carpeting. Much easier to install than rolled carpet it also has the added benefit of being easy to repair. Flaws or gouges in carpet usually mean replacing the entire floor but with carpet tiles, you can merely replace one foot of flooring without impacting the entire space. Carpet tiles are highly durable, can be customized and alternated to create patterns in large office spaces and require minimal maintenance to look outstanding. Check out Kraus modular carpeting options at Floor City.
- Click Lock Laminated Plank Flooring - simulated wood plank flooring provides both confidence in durability and the beauty of high-end materials. And now there are simulated stone options for your contemporary spaces. While real stone is cold, slippery, and prone to cracking and shifting, these new laminated stone-look planks provide the appearance of marble, slate, or ceramic tile without the worry. Available in dozens of styles and textures, you will not be disappointed with the look of laminated plank flooring. Ebony Mist is a dramatic and beautiful laminate flooring style for a modern space with streaming natural light to counterbalance the dark slate look.
Why Choose Floor City?
There are several affordable and easy flooring options for your home or business like "Peel & Stick" vinyl flooring and finding the right choice for you is easy when you choose a vendor like Floor City. Their website is easy to navigate, features an extensive ideas section and offers clients access to professional consultants that can answer any of your questions as you shop for your next space. Browse through their gallery of images and be confident that Floor City will supply you with the best deals on Armstrong, Mannington, Mohawk, and other quality brands of premium flooring.