|Coverage||100 Sq Ft Rolls or 450 Sq Ft Contractor Size Rolls|
|Pieces per Box||1|
|Product Name||Eco Ultimate Silencer Acoustical Underlayment with Moisture Barrier|
|Size||Available in 3' x 33.34' (100 sq. ft.) rolls and 6' x 75' (450 sq. ft.) contractor size rolls|
|Subfloor||Even, dry, clean and solid|
|Warranty||Lifetime Residential Warranty & 15-year Light Commercial Warranty|
(We recommend ordering a sample from us or the manufacturer to ensure satisfaction.)
- Eco Ultimate Silencer is made with 100% post consumer recycled granulated rubber tires and high-density polyurethane foam using rapidly renewable resources (soybean polyols and vegetable oils)
- Crushpruf technology resists indentation that enables your floors to perform to its fullest potential & last a lifetime
- Suitable for floating, glue down, and nail down laminate, solid hardwood, engineered wood, and bamboo flooring.
- Contains an antimicrobial protection that resists mold and mildew
- Provides cushioned comfort under hard laminate flooring
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Offers the industry's best limited lifetime warranty
- Suitable for radiant heat flooring systems
- New revolutionary moisture barrier film for the best bond strength, durability and moisture protection up to 4 lbs. of pressure. In geographic areas where concrete subfloors are subject to excessive moisture, a calcium chloride moisture test is required. Vapor emission readings in excess of 4 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hrs. will require additional protection such as concrete sealant or polyethylene sheeting.
- Dry, completely cured concrete (at least 14 days old with HVAC operating)
- 3/4" interior plywood, OSB flooring, gypcrete (must be primed before glue down)
- Waterproofing and crack-isolation membranes
- Existing vinyl, wood, and laminate floors
- Cement backer units
- Follow the wood manufacturer's installation instructions for any additional preparation
- Subfloor should be clean and dry
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION requires no additional seaming tape, cuts with a knife
- Install Eco-Ultimate Silencer with film DOWN against concrete/subfloor.
- Install flooring according to the vinyl/wood manufacturer's installation instructions.
For floating and nail down installations, roll out underlayment with tape strip next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap) and covering the moisture barrier film. Remove the tape strip and secure the overlapping moisture barrier film.
For double glue down installation for wood flooring, use a urethane based adhesive (based on the adhesive manufacturer's recommendation) with a 1/16" – 3/32" trowel on the subfloor.
Trim off the excess overlapping film. Roll out underlayment with tape strip next to wall. Roll out next row in same manner butting underlayment close to first row (do not overlap). Roll with a 75 -100 lb. roller to smooth out any air pockets and to secure a good bond to the adhesive.
- Available in 3' x 33.34' (100 sq. ft.) rolls and 6' x 75' (450 sq. ft.) contractor size rolls
100% High-Density Polyurethane foam underlayment blended with post consumer recycled granulated rubber tires and bonded to a moisture vapor film.
- Thickness — .075"
- Density — 25 LBS
- Weight — 2.35 oz/sq.ft.
- Antimicrobial Treatment
- Thermal Resistance — R-Value .17
- Smoke Density — Passes, 110 max
- Compression Set ASTM D3574 — 8.3 %
- Compression Resistance ASTM D3676 — 20 psi
- Flammability Rating — Passes Federal Flammability Standards DOC-FF-1-70
- Product Emissions — Exceeds VOC emissions requirements, environmentally friendly
Sound Absorption Properties
Impact Insulation Class (IIC) This method is to measure the impact sound transmission performance of a floor-ceiling assembly (sound transmission through the floor)
|73||Laminate/Engineered||8" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|70||Laminate/Engineered||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|58||Hardwood||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|52||Laminate/Engineered||8" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
Sound Transmission Class (STC) This method is to measure the air-borne sound insolating property of a partition element for effectiveness in blocking sound
|73||Laminate/Engineered||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|77||Laminate/Engineered||8" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|53||Hardwood||6" concrete with ceiling assembly|
|51||Laminate/Engineered||6" concrete with NO ceiling assembly|
The db rating difference between a floor measured with an underlayment and with no underlayment. IIC — 22 — (up to a 78% db sound reduction)
- MR 4.1 — 10% recycled content
- MR 4.2 — 20% recycled content
- MR 5.1 — 10% content manufactured within 500 miles of project
- MR 5.2 — 20% content manufactured within 500 miles of project
- MR 6 — Rapidly renewable resource
- EQ 4.3 — Low emitting VOC's
- Reduces floor noise by providing excellent sound absorption
- Exceeds Air Quality and Flammability standards
- 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly
- Contains anti microbial treatment
- Quick and easy installation (no additional seaming tape needed)
- Eliminates minor subfloor imperfections
- Adds thermal value and suitable for use with radiant heat flooring
- Crushpruf technology that resists indentations
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified